Life

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Then & Now



Just a small update. A good friend of mine reminded me that she hasn't seen a new pic of me in awhile. Even though I still really do hate my pic taken, I had my granddaughter take one. I really never know how to smile, and I do better when you catch me off guard but... My smile is goofy because she was making faces at me. Ya gotta love em. LOL I had weight loss surgery May 07 and now 170# later and more to go I feel great. Oh I still look in the mirror and see that fat person and probably always will. But it has been a long journey but one that I am glad that I took. I will be happier when I have the excess skin removed from my stomach area. The first pic was taken in June 07 at my daughters house, that was probably around the 1st time that I even felt like getting any clothes on. With having a big incision down my stomach from this surgery and having my gall bladder removed, living in my nightgown and robe was about all I could tolerate. The 2nd pic is the most recent one Jan 09. The pants I have on are too big for me and I only bought them like 2 months ago. The sweater is one of my great Goodwill finds for $3. I love those kinds of deals. The sweater is so soft and warm and it has bead work and embroidery along the top half but it doesn't show up in the pic. My granddaughter says it looks like a grandma sweater, and I just laugh and say "its a good thing then, because I am a grandma" She just rolls hers eyes. Teenagers LOL
I tried to get these two pics to be side by side but for some reason they keep going back to this. Oh well at least I got them posted.
I will try and be better at taking more pics to show my progress. Try being the operative word here. LOL
Have a great day and stay warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dearest Friend,
You are
beautiful
compassionate
a great teacher
crafty beyond crafty
I'm so proud to say your my friend of 30+ years!
You look AMAZING!
Love Lucy