Life

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A little catch up

The above picture is what is keeping me busy these days. My great granddaughter Randi age 3 and my newest grandson Logan age 2 1/2 weeks.  Randi was so happy that she got to hold Logan. She was so cute and was being so careful to hang on to him. Of course her mother, my granddaughter Morgyn was holding him also.  Randi kept telling her to let go because she had him.  Randi is so happy that Logan is here but just can't grasp the concept as to why he can't come over to my house to play with her toys with her. We told her give him time and then he will be able to play with her. But I can see it now, she is very territorial with her toys and I am sure she will be getting upset many times over and over. But it will all be ok :) 

Logan is growing big and strong. The doctor said he is very healthy and growing great. He has already put on one pound and grew half an inch since birth. That may not sound like much but in baby world this is a good thing.  I took him to church with me this past Sunday so that friends of ours there could meet him and his mother could get some much needed rest without any interruptions.  She said she took a nap but she kept texting me to see how he was doing that I don't think it was a very restful nap. Oh well new mothers...

I once again have some crafting/sewing to get done before the end of the month.  Our New Beginnings program for the Young Women at church is the 27th and I have 20 paper shoes to put together and fill with gummy candy then place in clear bags, mount 4 (11x17) on foam board, make 3 fabric totes for the new girls coming into Young Women and the day before this program make a fruit salad and dip.  The theme this year for Young Women is "Stand ye in Holy Places" this is centered around the Temple. Our theme for the New Beginnings program is "Follow the Yellow Brick Road to the Temple.  I already have the yellow brick road done on poster boards to be taped to the floor. All the shoes are cut out waiting to be put together.

I have been trying to go through things and declutter but it takes forever it seems.  I am getting new carpet and I want to get rid of a lot of things before I start the process of moving things out of rooms in preparation for the new carpet. My thoughts are the less I have the less I have to move when I get the carpet.  Well at least that is what I keep telling myself.  I also had to go out and buy a new washer yesterday. I have been babying my washer for a while now but it just came to a point where I figured I had better just go out and get one before I have a load in filled with water and it quit on me.  I can't complain as this washer came with the house when we bought it, have no clue how old it is, but I have lived here 11 yrs.  So I think it was time.  It will be delivered Wed morning.  I need to move a couple things in my kitchen so they can get the old one out and new one in. 

Well time for me to go check on my daughter and Logan. Gotta get my morning Grandma snuggles in.  I love being a grandma and I love that I live right on the other side of the house away from Logan. My home is not that big and when my granddaughter and great granddaughter lived here it was crowded that is for sure, but I loved when Randi would come in my room in the morning and I would fake sleeping and she would come on the bed and give me kisses and tell me to wake up.  I really do miss those times.  But she does come and spend the night with me so that is a good thing.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and stay safe and well.



No comments: