Life

Friday, July 12, 2013

My Mother's Day gift

My oldest daughter Amanda asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day and I told her I had no clue.  I told her I would think about it.  I thought of many things but yet nothing in particular. There really wasn't anything I wanted or needed.  Then I was thinking or more like wishing, that I could have a picture of all my children, spouses, and grandchildren to hang on my wall.  You see we have not all been together since my grandson Kharson was around 3 yrs old and he is now 19.  For one reason or another, some good reasons some not so good, my family was never all together same place same time.  I don't know if I am being just sentimental or what but the more I thought about this the more I wanted this. Wasn't sure how it was going to be accomplished because my youngest daughter Angela lives in Georgia and just started a new job, my grandson Kharson would be leaving for boot camp for the National Guard soon and my oldest daughter and her husband because of work schedules have very limited time for anything.  But I just couldn't get this idea out of my head.  I called my daughter in GA and ask her if there was any way possible she could take a few days off and come up for a visit before Kharson had to leave.  She said she would talk to her boss and get back with me. I kept my fingers crossed and told her I would help her out with gas since this was such short notice.  Well in about a weeks time we had things all in place.  I was happy and kept my fingers crossed that nothing would prevent this from happening.
                                       My grandchildren and my great granddaughter in the middle

Amanda worked on trying to get a photographer to take some pictures for us. But since we really only had one day to do this on it wasn't working out. We were still trying to get this set up the day before and not having any luck so  I called my cousin Dale and asked if he would be willing to take the pictures for us and he said sure he would be happy to. Now if the weather holds out for us we were set. The forecast showed rain but I kept my fingers crossed and prayed.  We coordinated clothing, everyone would wear jeans but the adults would wear black shirts and the littlest ones wearing white shirts.
                                                           My grandchildren and myself

The day came and it was beautiful outside. Sun was shining, the forecast showed the rain had been pushed to the next day.  We got ready and headed to the park.  Here are some of the pictures that were taken.  There are lots and lots more. It was hilarious at times trying to get everyone in the group pictures to look the same way or just keeping the little ones from having  meltdown because they wanted to go play in the park. But we got some amazing pictures. I am so happy the way they turned out.
                                                                   My children an myself

                                            Daughter Amanda, her husband Ed and my grandson Logan
                                  Daughter Angela, grandson Kharson and Granddaughter Morgyn
                                                        Son Bryce and grandson Noah
                       Granddaughter Morgyn, great granddaughter Randi, future grandson in law Patrick
                                              Myself and our photographer, my cousin Dale

Hope you enjoy a little glimpse into my family. I am pretty proud of all of them.



1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

A perfect gift indeed. You have a lovely family.

Have a wonderful weekend!