Life

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Life Takes Many Turns

Life takes many turns, and mine has taken so many I lost count. I feel fine but I still am not cleared to have my weight loss surgery. I went to see the cardiologist friday morning for a checkup after being in the hospital. He said I am healing very nicely from the catherization. Which is a good thing. Still need to take it easy though as it still is an invasive procedure to your body. And there are times when I can tell I have overdone it a little because my upper leg will ache. So I just lay down and take a little nap. Everyone needs a nap now and then. I still have to wear the heart monitor, and I still record as I am suppose to and call it in. And yes tell them I am feeling fine and have no symtoms. I have to go see another heart doctor but in South Bend this time. Dr.Powers said he is just the plumbing person, now I need to go see an electriction for my heart. He said he can not release me to go back to work or for surgery until they find out why I have this extra beat. I know this is for the best, but...hurry up and wait. I won't be able to see this new doctor until sometime next week or early the following week. From what I was told I will have an appt to talk to the doctor and he would have already looked at everything I have had done so far and be able to tell me if I need more tests or in his opinion things are ok. If I have to have another procedure to see whats going on, I guess its where they put a wire right into my heart and make it do things so they can tell how its firing so to speak. Sounds very scary but I looked it up and from what I read its nothing major. Time will tell. And it does make me wonder just how at risk am I. Am I just a time bomb waiting to happen? When I ask about work, I said I could just sit and run the control room, which really is just answering phone, opening doors on the computer and some paperwork. He said no. So what exactly can I do, because to me the control room is not hard. Maybe its the stress at work, I don't know. At this point I don't know much.

I know this is for the best. I know I need to find out everything that is going on with my body. I know I need more work on my patience. I am stressed, I am a little worried, I am concerned. I don't want to use up all my off time finding out if I can be cleared for surgery because then I won't have any to use for the surgery. I can only imagine how much of a bill I am running up after the insurance pays. Its all a vicious circle.

No comments: