Life

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Almost a Month


Just a small update. I went to my doctor appt this morning and I have lost another 20lbs. So that brings my total up to 47lbs. I am happy and doing ok. I still have a small issue with part of my incision that has decided to stay open and leak. At times it leaks a lot, and I wake up to a wet bed and wet nightgown. But from what the nurse said this is common and that I have a small pocket of fluid that keeps building up and has to get out, so it comes out this hole. She drained a lot of it this morning in the office, and I am suppose to massage my stomach a few times a week during my shower. This will break up this pocket and hopefully will begin to heal. I get sort of queazy when this does leak a lot and today was no different. But this is just another little hurdle in my strive to lose weight. I am feeling better and better each day. Yes I still have good/bad days but there are more good days now. I will really be happy when I will actually get to sleep all night in my bed. I still am having trouble sleeping, but that is getting better. I just get up in the middle of the night and go sit in the chair in the living room and cover up and go back to sleep. I am going to see about getting my dads recliner over here and this way I can sit but yet keep my feet up when I sleep. This will help tremendously with my feet swelling. This journey is going full speed ahead. I am doing good and I am happy. Each day brings something new as far as my body is concerned. So I just keep plugging along.

No comments: