Life

Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Decor




I have been hoping Spring and warm weather would hurry and get here in northern Indiana, but so far its a no go. Oh we have had little spurts of warm sunny weather but it doesn't last more then a day. I have been trying to add some bright Spring decor around my home to help in the dreary days that have been upon us. I am so tired of rain and I know it is good for the grass and flowers but come on, enough is enough. The next thing we may have to build around here is an Ark.

My mother, sister and I had gone to our favorite decorating/Vera Bradley store a few weeks back and got lots of inspiration to use around our homes. This store is very expensive to buy the decorations but its free for the ideas :) And boy do we soak up the inspiration. It is so much fun to go look and then come home and make. My mother is the flower arranger in our family and so I took over the containers I had (from goodwill, so it was inexpensive), some silk flowers I had, and voila she came up with some wonderful things for me to add to my home. I will be putting these things up in next few days after I take down all my Easter decorations.

I also made a Cathedral Window quilt table runner for the top of my hutch. This is a pattern I learned to make years ago at a church activity. It is a very easy craft to make. Its also one of those crafts you can do piece by piece and then put it all together. So I consider that a good thing as I don't always have a chunk of time to do something, so making something in little increments is a good thing for me.


I also have made a skirt for me and a computer bag for my granddaughter to use for when she heads to college this next fall. I will post them later after I get all the pics taken. I have lots of ideas running around in my head and I just need to implement them and get things started. I am getting excited about these projects.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and learns to love the little things. Take time to enjoy what makes you happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, your on a crafting binge again! Good!lol Love the arrangements your Mom made..very Spring!
~~HUGS~~