Life

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Primary Craft and Independence Holiday Weekend


This is the windsock craft that I helped the kids in my Primary class (3-4yr olds) make. Its made from a toilet paper roll, scrapbooking paper and crepe paper. The kids had a blast making this. I cut the strips of crepe paper in half so it wouldn't be so big and they could add more streamers to the windsock. After they made these we had to take a walk outside so they could see how they blew in the wind. They were all so proud of what they had made and were so excited to tell their parents about class and the lesson on "siblings" and how they were going to be good and play with their siblings and not fight. They are so cute at that age.

I also have had a very busy Independence Day weekend. Full of activities all day long. Was fun seeing family and friends and catching up. It was wonderful to see my nephew who was home on leave from the Army. He was in Afghanistan and has been back in the states only for a short period of time. It was nice to see him home safe. We were able to take some pictures with family that were here visiting. Also took a new 5 generation picture since my great granddaughter is older and a lot more attentive then she was last year. At my fathers side of the family picnic/reunion a lot of my relatives brought some of their picture albums of past family activities. It was wonderful for all of us to travel down memory lane. A lot of laughs and talking about how "cute" we all were when we were so young. We had lots of good food and drinks to enjoy. Fireworks, games and just sitting and relaxing was wonderful. The weather cooperated which is always a plus. I will share a few of the pics that were taken. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend.
5 generation picture. My mom Betty, myself, my daughter Angela, my granddaughter Morgyn and my great granddaughter Randi.



daughter Angela and Randi








daughter Amanda & Ed

The 4 oldest Hill grandkids. They had taken a picture like this when they were all little around 4-5 and wanted to recreate the picture now. But this time they decided not to sit on top of the hood of the car like they did when they were little. Amanda 36, Katrina 36, Angela 35, Doug 33.


This is a picture of all the grandkids (gk), great grandkids (ggk) and great great granddaughter (ggg) that live here. Amanda (gk), Katrina (gk), Joseph (ggk), Morgyn (ggk), Randi (ggg), Angela (gk), Harley (gk), Josh (gk), Doug (gk), Bryce (gk) and Noah (ggk).

I hope you enjoyed viewing a little bit of my world.
Have a wonderful rest of the week and stay safe :)

No comments: