Life

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude



This past week has been a busy one. I have been babysitting
my great granddaughter while her mother is going to
college and also a friends little boy while the dad
works. So busy busy busy.

Yesterday turned out to be a crappy day as I woke up
at 4:30am very very sick. My great granddaughter was
spending the night so I called my daughter to come
over and take care of her while I was sick in bed.
And boy was I sick. Could barely keep awake
or even move around without having issues.
I can't remember the last time being that sick.
This morning I am feeling a little bit better. I can
at least keep food and liquids down.

Yesterday morning my daughter Amanda ran in a 5K for a
charity for our local hospital. I was planning on going to watch
her but of course couldn't because of being sick.
She came home and told me how she did and then went
back to her half of house (we live in a duplex) and within
5 min after she left her boyfriend looked out the window
and her car was on fire sitting out front of house.
911 was called and of course our hose would not reach around
front of house but the water did at least reach the car to help
keep it under control till fire dept got here.
No clue as to what started the fire but her car is a total loss.

BUT I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT NO ONE WAS HURT.
Items can be replaced, people can not.

Have a wonderful week ahead. Mine can only get better after yesterday.
Take time to tell the people you care about how you feel. You
never know what can happen in a matter of minutes


Just an update on my friend Andrea's son who had a heart transplant last week. He is doing wonderful. The doctors are amazed at how well he is doing. He is getting stronger and stronger daily and will be moved out of the ICU beginning of week and moved to heart wing as long as he continues to improve as he has.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue~Sue, I pray you start feeling better!!! Don't know what to think of Amanda's car fire...other than Thank God she wasn't in car when it caught fire..
Tomorrow starts another week: Thank God for that:)
~~HUGS~~