Life

Monday, August 1, 2011

Fun Fun Fun


I had so much fun at the race in Indianapolis yesterday. We left about 1a Sunday morning and headed south. It took about 3hrs to get to Indianapolis and then another 30 min or so to actually find the track and figure out where to park. The Indianapolis Speedway is where the Indy 500 is held and its like right smack in the middle of a residential area. Its a very congested area, but we found it, finally found a place to park and then proceeded to rest in the car till we could get into the track. For 5a there sure were a lot of people up and around. The track opens up at 6a we found out later. My daughter and I were trying to rest best we could and then all of a sudden we hear lots of music over a loudspeaker. Which was fine, and they were playing music by Rascal Flatts and Reba. So we were enjoying listening to this, even though it was way to early in the morning. Then we hear talking on the loudspeaker music starting stopping more talking. We both looked at each other and realized it was live. Wow Rascal Flatts and Reba would be the guest singers before the race. We were excited. We enjoyed the free concert from the car for about an hour. I wish we would have known we could have gotten into the track because we could have seen them live. Oh well it was nice listening to them.

It was about 92 degrees during the race. But where our seats were we were in the shade and there was a nice breeze. The last 20 laps or so the sun finally was on us and that 92 degrees felt like 100. But we still had the breeze which helped. The race was awesome, my favorite driver, Jeff Gordon was on fire the whole race and I really thought he was going to win. But he ended up coming in 2n place, which is ok too. Our seats were behind the pits and that was so awesome watching the pit crews do their job. Man are they fast. 4tire change, fill gas tank, clean window all in like 12-15 sec. I can imagine those guys were hot in those fire suits, but it's for their own safety. All in all it was an amazing experience as usual.

I hope I can go to the Michigan race towards the end of the month. I think if I had a dream job it would be to be able to work for NASCAR. I would love to travel weekly and interview drivers, just be involved in that world. Hmmm

The top picture was taken at the race. The lady to my left is my friend Christy who gave me the tickets. As you can see we were way up in the grandstands 33 rows up. Although its a long way up you can see everything great. The middle picture is of Reba with the race winner Paul Menard on the yard of bricks on the start/finish line. The picture below is of me standing next to the pinata I made at the picnic.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead. Stop and take the time to enjoy yourself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! girlfriend Rascal Flats & Reba and at the race! I know you were beyond Excited!
What a great per-birthday gift!
Happy - Happy Day!
~~LOVE~~
blessings from a wildflower
A.K.A Sue the other twin :) lol

Indianalori said...

Man am I behind on my reading! You've been BUSY. LOVE the ice cream cone. What a unique and beautiful pinata!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh what a happy day! May it also be a wonderful new year for you.