Life

Saturday, March 19, 2011

My new grandson Noah James

I was blessed today with a new grandson. His name is Noah James and his parents are my son Bryce and his fiance Kristal. He was stubborn in getting here. Kristal went into the hospital on Thursday morning to be induced. She wasn't dilated yet so they gave her some medication to get her started in that process. Well after about 14hrs and 3 doses of this medication things sort of processed enough that they decided to start the pitocin IV to get her labor started. Well after another 11hrs or so the doctor decided to try and get the process started manually and then break her water. That was about 9am on Friday. She only got to 2cm by nighttime, 4cm by 4am today and then all of a sudden 10cm by 7a. She had an epidural around 2a last night as the pain was pretty bad and she really needed to get some rest for the upcoming birth. My son called me at 7a and said I had better get there now as she was ready. I went to the hospital (I had been at the hospital off and on over the last couple days also) at 7:30am and I knew it would be awhile but they were both so anxious. Kristal mother then showed up about 8a. This is the other grandmother, Becky's 1st grandchild also this was her birthday. Wow what a great birthday present she got today. I was able to stay in the room the whole time and help with the birth. I feel very blessed and grateful that she allowed me, her future mother in law to be there for this wonderful blessing. My son was so cute and was trying his hardest to do what he could to help make Kristal as comfortable as he could. He was very attentive and so grown up and mature. I am so proud of him.

Noah was born at 12:42pm and weighed 7lbs 12oz. I don't know how long he is as of yet and I haven't had the opportunity to actually hold him in my arms but I will be remedying that tomorrow after church. He has lots of hair and it looked curly which my son does have when he actually has hair. It looked light colored also. He is so precious and so beautiful, but then I might be a little biased on that opinion.

Here is a picture of him with Kristal about 10 min after birth. The other picture is of him with his very tired but proud parents. Even though I have been through this now for the 4th time with my grandkids, each time seems like the 1st time. I am so happy and so proud of them both.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Noah James!
A wonderful,joyous day!
Love Ya Grandma Sue!

Indianalori said...

Congratulations!