Life

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Whats for dinner?

Went to another of the required classes for my surgery this afternoon. This was the 2nd class of 4. This was on what you can and can't have to eat prior to surgery and the days following. It was a very informative class. Looks like I am going to be living on Crystal light, Sugar free Koolaid, Sugar free jello, broth, basically clear liquids. Sounds so exciting, LOL. When they rearrange your stomach so to speak, you will be left with a pouch that will hold approx 1oz at any given time. Now you have to drink lots of fluids and start at least 32oz and work your way up to 64oz a day of water. You also have to drink/eat your broth, jello, etc. Now in my book not sure how that's going to happen. I don't think there is that many awake hours in any given day. But we were told that its a good thing to eat/drink approx every 3hrs. This is truly going to be an interesting journey. BUT I know in the end it will be all worth it. I am really looking forward to seeing what emerges. I get excited, and then start to think "what am I thinking" I do admit I do love food. I love having some chocolate, a nice juicy steak, or just an old fashioned hamburger. And I am sure some day I will be able to have those again but in moderation. I know this is not a cure all but it will be a new healthy way of life. One that I am going to strive towards and make my life a whole lot better and healthier.
I am going to go through my cupboards and remove things that I know I will not be able to eat again or for a very long time. Looks like my daughter will not have to go shopping for some things for a long time because she is going to inherit lots from my cupboard. I am then going to go shopping for the things that I will need to sustain me before and after my surgery. This is going to be an amazing journey.

1 comment:

Deana said...

GO SUE GO!
YOU CAN DO IT!
CLEAN THOSE CUPBOARDS!
BUY NEW FOOD!
GET READY FOR A WHOLE NEW YOU!
OK, NOT THE BEST SONG OF THE DAY!
MEANT WITH LOVE
FROM YOUR
# 1 CHEERLEADER