Life

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shopping

Before I had my weight loss surgery I HATED to shop. Clothing, groceries, Christmas, etc shopping. I would dread going. I didn't really know why but I hated it, really really hated it. Now I don't mind at all. And I surprise myself almost daily when I do some sort of shopping. I could never go into a store like WalMart, KMart or even Goodwill and find something that would fit me. Now I can go and always find something that fits. I never in a million years thought I could find something at Goodwill. But just last week my mother and I went because I really needed some winter tops. Nothing I had from last winter even remotely came close to fitting. I ended up finding about 9 tops that I liked and bought them. My mother even was cleaning out her closet and found some things that she had that I actually can fit into. Now to some this may sound strange but to someone who is a bigger person clothes shopping is just not something you can do easily. A year or so ago I had like 2 pairs of shoes that fit because my feet were always swollen and heaven forbid I had anything cute to wear on my feet. Just some gym shoes were a standard thing you would see me wearing. Now I actually have so many shoes I chuckle. Flip Flops in lots of colors, sandals, slip ons, dress shoes to name a few. I have cute shoes, actual girly girl cute shoes. These are just a few of the things that most people take for granted. And for me I have to sit back and chuckle to myself and remember where I was a year and a half ago. I have a couple boxes going of clothes and shoes that no longer fit me that I plan on taking to Goodwill when they get full. I still have a couple bags of things my mom gave me that I need to hang up and get rid of some more out of my closet. I actually have choices of what I want to wear. I am doing things now that I never actually thought I would have an opportunity of doing. I am sorry I got myself in the situation I was in but I am happy, so very happy that I had the opportunity to get where I am today. I still have more to lose and things are at a standstill at the moment mostly because of my work schedule but I am happy that I have lost 170+ lbs and over 70+ inches. I went to an Avon meeting tonight and my district manager didn't even recognize me. I hadn't seen her since end of Jan so when she came up and introduced herself to me I had to laugh and tell her who I was. She stepped back, smiled and gave me a big hug. She even made a comment during the meeting on how great I looked and had me get up and tell a little about how much I had lost. It was embarrassing but yet rewarding. I had a lot of people tell me how proud they were. All in all it does make me feel good. I still want to lose about 40-50 more and also have the skin removed from my stomach area. Which will take off between 30-40 lbs from what I hear. So by this time next year I will be smaller then I was in high school!!!! I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New Sue - New Life
What a difference a year can make
Love Ya for who you are
your friend
Lucy