Life

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Hanging in there

It's been awhile since I last wrote. I am now back to work. Doesn't seem like I had even been gone. It was easy to get right back into the routine. I went this past wed. to see the surgical nurse for measurements and get my order for updated blood work. I didn't lose any weight but I lost 5 1/2 more inches. I was very dissapointed about not losing any more weight but the nurse said that its normal from time to time. I hardly eat anything, I am not hungry but I was hoping for some weight loss. I was told that I am not eating enough protein, I am trying so hard. Its very depressing at times. There are days where no matter what I eat, it either comes back up or out. Then I am just worn out for the day. Throwing up is awful, it hurts, and feels like things are coming up from my toes. I have been getting my fluids in at least, so I just need to work on the protein. Protein helps to get your metabolism moving so that you burn off the weight. There are some good things though, my blood pressure has been staying down. Sometimes to low, but its ok. I probably will be off those meds soon. Most of my clothes are very loose, and some I have just given up on and sat them aside to give away. It's interesting to see each day when I get dressed, whats not going to fit anymore. I am going to need to take my pants in again real soon. When my feet quit swelling up then things will be even better. Sometimes I think I am never going to get over that part. I do get a kick out of how loose my skin is though. At times I just chuckle. But its a good chuckle.

I still need to see the doctor on the 14th and I have been really trying very very hard to get my protein in. So hopefully I will have lost some weight by then. He is also suppose to let me know the results of my ultrasound I had on my left ovary. All sorts of thoughts have been running through my head about that. But I will not let myself get carried away about it. Everything will be fine. I am going to keep good thoughts about all this, losing weight and the ultrasound. I have come to far for it all to fall apart.

No comments: