Life

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering


As I drove home from work this morning I was remembering this day 7yrs ago. I remember waking up to the telephone ringing and a friend of mine asking me if I had heard what was going on that day. I had just woke up so I turned on the TV just as the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower. I was stunned and shocked but thinking I was seeing a replay of what had already happened. Little did I know that is what was happening at that moment. My daughter and I were going to go carpet shopping for our new house that we had just bought. Everywhere we went that day TV sets were on and we were glued to it. It was something everyone was talking about and couldn't believe that it could happen here in America. It still to this day seems so surreal to me. We were glued to the TV at work also, just trying to make some sense out of this tragedy. The countless number of lives that were lost that day. So many innocent people, so many families affected, and such a senseless act. I think this changed our nation and changed how we do things. Growing up I just always believed that we were safe living in the United States, nothing bad happens here like it does in foreign countries. Now that feeling of contentment, safety is gone. We are forever changed because of this one fateful day. Some good changes have come about and thats a good thing. I have always believed that things happen for a reason, but I just can't figure out what this "reason" is. I just hope we all take the time and say a prayer today for all those lost and for the families that are left behind that everyone gets the things they need. I hope and pray that this never happens again.

No comments: