Life

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Craft projects I have been working on


I have been working on a few crocheting projects over the past month or so. I work the midnight shift and we have a lot of down time so I am able to take these projects to work with me. Might as well use my time wisely and get some things accomplished. I have already posted the afghan I made for my daughter, which I am sure she is going to love. She found the extra yarn I had from that project and has already questioned me about it. She liked the colors and wanted to know where I got it from so she could get some. I told her I couldn't remember, which is partly the truth because I have bought so much yarn lately I have forgotten which of the 2 places I have bought them. My granddaughters (Morgyn) afghan was made with 4 different colors










made into individual 8x8 in squares and then 4 squares put together to make 1 square and then I attached them all together and then crocheted a border around it all. I really think it turned out nice. I have people at work asking me to make them one.

I also made Morgyn another fuzzy scarf. She must have about 20 of them now. This one is florescent orange and hot pink crocheted together. She picked out the colors and I wasn't sure about it, but hey she is a teenager so I let it go. But it really turned out pretty.

I also made me a scarf and hat. I worked on it yesterday and today. I figured I better get mine made before the really cold weather hits. Not that these fuzzy scarves are all that warm they sure look pretty.



I have about 10 different projects running through my head that
I want to get accomplished. Now I just have to figure out when
to get them all done. Most of them are for Christmas presents.


As soon as I get the pics downloaded from my granddaughters formal dance I will post them. She is growing up so fast.

I hope you enjoyed the projects I have been working on. Will post as I get the others done. Have a wonderful and joyous day.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love your crocheted goodies. The colors are so cheerful!

When I first read LaPorte, I wondered if you were from Texas because I have family in LaPorte, Texas...however I don't think they've seen snow! LOL

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words on my blog. I just think it's time for me to tell people flat out that it's not okay to say this stuff. I need to make it clear that I'm not going to be treated this way anymore....

Have a great day!

Leslie