Life

Sunday, November 23, 2008

First attempt at embroidery, Piano & Snowflakes








This is my first attempt at embroidery. I worked on both these sweatshirts at work. I did the snowman first on wednesday night and then the soccer one on friday night. I am able to work on craft projects at work. I work midnights and there is a lot of downtime. So between doing bedchecks and laundry I can work on things. I really enjoyed the embroidery. I need some practice but I don't think they turned out that bad. The snowman I saw on another blog and then found the pattern, I Loved the pattern. It was pretty simple. The soccer one I made on a sweatshirt I found at goodwill for .25. So between the cost of the shirt and I already had the embroidery thread, this project was very frugal and recycling all in one. My granddaughter plays soccer and the schools colors are orange and black so this one turned out great. My granddaughter said she liked it but she wouldn't wear it because that was a grandma thing. LOL I told her its a good thing she wouldn't wear it because it was mine to wear to her games next season. And afterall I am a grandma so I guess it works out. I am sure I will be making more of these type shirts. I found making them very relaxing.


This weekend I got a piano. I have been wanting one for a long time. I can't play that great but its enough for me. I can just do the basics. I plan on getting some books to do some self teaching and then hopefully take some piano lessons. I am excited about this. It's something I have been wanting to do for a long long time. I also put up some of my Christmas things. It was fun decorating the top of the piano. I also made some snowflakes to hang in my bay window. These snowflakes are so easy to make but look so elegant and they look great from the outside also.

I am so in the holiday mood. I am enjoying the decorating and things are really starting to take shape. I need to go through my stuff in the shed and see what else I can put out. I will post Christmas pics after I get everything decorated. I hope you are enjoying this holiday season and making the most out of it. Enjoy.

No comments: