Life

Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas 2008


Just wanted to share a few pics of my Christmas decorations. I decided this year to decorate my living room only. Working these midnight shifts I pretty much am either sleeping, sitting in living room or at work. So I want to enjoy my things in one room. Also in past years I have put up decorations in all rooms and I usually end up forgetting something and find it after I have put away all the decorations back in the shed and we have gotten a lot of snow. So I put the object that was forgotten up so I won't forget where I put the next year and I usually forget where I put it. So one room this year and I should be good. I only have room for a small tree, so I have a 4ft one that I put on a small table. Its only me so this works. 99% of my ornaments are ones I have made over the years. I hope to get some different ones after Christmas this year and have a more unified tree next year. I would really like to have a country look. Will see what I can come up with.

The little stockings above the piano I made many years ago. They have our names written in gold glitter paint. I will need to make a new one for my sons fiance. The snowman pot on the hutch I made for a Christmas party at work. Its made from a clay pot and saucer. I have a snowman one also but haven't run across it yet. Must be one of those things I put away where I could find it later. The snowbabies on top of the hutch my mother gave to me this year. She said she just has so much stuff and really needed to get rid of some things. I was happy to take these off her hands. I have a few more pics to download and will share them later along with some of the craft projects I have finished up for presents. Hope you enjoy this small look into my world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking Really Great!
love Ya
Lucy

Anonymous said...

Saturday Dec 6th 2008
Update:
Are you singing
Let It snow? Let It snow?

Cause It's snowing really hard outside
and I believe your beautiful decorating
may be the reason
LOL

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Hi Sue,
Your decorations are pretty...you have such a great bay window for decorating.

Thank you very much for visiting me and for your sweet comment. I really do appreciate it and love to make new friends.

Take care...Love, Kim