Life

Monday, December 22, 2008

BRRRR It's cold out there

I am so thankful for my nice warm home and my very nice warm bed to sleep in. The weather around here in Northwest Indiana has been COLD. Working the midnight shift it seems I go to work in the very bitter cold and get off in the very bitter cold. No sunshine to warm things up even a little bit. When I got to work last night I called Time & Temp and it said it was -1 and that was without windchill. My workplace is out in the open so just walking in from the parking lot can be a bear. Wind just whips all around you. It felt good to get inside the building where its nice and toasty. Very toasty. LOL we are talking so toasty we sometimes open the outside door to let the frigid cold in just to get the temp inside our work area to around 70. Something is messed up with the heating system and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Its been this way for the last 11 1/2yrs so... I really am not complaining honestly, but it does make it difficult to dress for work. You get all bundled up to get to work and then you are taking as much off as possible to not pass out from the heat. So an interesting time. When I get home in the morning one of the first things I do is turn on my heated mattress pad. Get my bed all nice and toasty warm. My very good friend Deana got me hooked on this thing. Best invention for the bed that is for sure. I LOVE IT!!! I didn't use to be this cold, and usually in the winter I just had one of those fleece blankets on my bed and that was it. Now since I have lost over 170lbs I am cold. I never thought that would be possible that I, Sue, would ever be comfortable being all bundled up. But I am. I love the warmth.
I am trying to finish up some last minute Christmas things and try and figure out what to make for Christmas dinner to take to my mothers. Some sort of side dish and some appetizer. Hmm need to get my thinking cap on. Time has gone by so fast and I have always said once Thanksgiving gets here I swear you blink and Christmas is here. I still need to wrap presents, I am way behind. Of course I have to remember where I stashed everything also. It never fails I always end up finding something that I forgot about after the holidays. Oh well nice after Christmas presents.
I just wanted to update a little about things going on around here. I need to get myself in gear today and get some things done around here before I need to lay down to take a little nap before work tonight. I hope everyone is having a very happy and joyous holiday season. I love this time of year. Love to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May the WARMTH be with you my friend!
Happy Holidays
from the cold ass northern state
Love ya