Life

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stitchery projects






Since I work the midnight shift, I am able to do some craft projects at work. I still am able to get my job done without a problem. But I need to have something to keep me busy inbetween bedchecks and laundry. So I have been crocheting, making fleece blankets for gifts, knitting and doing some stitchery. I am loving it. It really doesn't take much time and I am loving the results. Yes I have a long way to go before I would consider it perfect. But what I have made has turned out nice. Or at least I think it has.
I also got some material at JoAnns for the backing. I have another project I have made but I can't post it yet as this person might see it if they happen to view this blog so don't want to take a chance. The fleece blanket was for a shower gift for a coworker. She loved the blanket and said she would use it at work that day since the boiler was acting up and it was cold at work. Hey whatever works.

I also have made a couple of knitted hats. These take no time at all and will come in handy for my family. It also keeps me busy and AWAKE while at work. Even though I don't like working the midnight shift, I have been able to get numerous projects done so all in all that is a good thing.

I will be finishing up the stitchery projects today and tomorrow since I am off. A couple of them will go in frames and a couple will go as wall hangings. I also made a small weiner dog picture that I am going to turn into an ornament for my son's tree. I will need to take a pic of that after its all done.

I hope you have enjoyed the projects. I know I have enjoyed making them. And there are so many cool patterns out there that I want to make so looks like I am going to keep myself busy this winter.

Have a wonderful day and stay warm, especially if you live in the midwest.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And she scores again!
Making beautiful crafts!
Wonderful Job
Love Ya
lucy