Life

Friday, December 12, 2008

Almost done

I have been working on many different craft projects over the last couple weeks. It seems like I must have 12 different projects going on at any one given time. I also have had ideas pop up in my head that I take care of right then and there. Come January I will need to give my right wrist and thumb a break. I have had trouble with my right hand for awhile and even had to have a cortisone shot in my hand right below my thumb. That hurts really bad, and I really don't want to have another one but will if I have to because it does work. I have been wearing my brace on my hand which does help with my pain, but it plays havoc on getting caught on the thread or yarn. So its a win/lose situation. Oh well just something I deal with. But I do know I am going to try and give it a rest come 1st part of the year. For next year I will start my Christmas projects early and try and work on them all year long. That way won't be so intense all at once. Well at least thats what I hope to do. I also want to try my hand at doing some quilting. I have done some small projects where I have handquilted on fabric that has already been printed and that was fun. But I really want to try and do some of the piece types. I have seen some really beautiful ones while reading other peoples blogs. I would really like to give everyone of my family members a quilt for Christmas next year. Well at least thats my goal. I only need 7 of them. Hmmm



This is the embroidery I did for my son and my future DIL Kristal. It was a free pattern I received. It was called Happy Tree Family and there were 2 little trees also in it, but I just wanted these 2 trees in this pic. This was one of those projects that was a last minute thing and I made it yesterday.


These 2 ornaments are for my granddogs, Oliver the weiner dog, and Leonard. I couldn't find a pic of a dog that looked like Leonard so I just settled for a dog pic and did him in the color he is which is white and black. This one I also made yesterday. I took the ornaments and the pic over to my sons house last night and they both were very pleased with the presents.
Although I need a little break from doing some projects, I will be taking some knitting with me to work tonight. My daughter is still struggling with gettting the hand on knitting so she ask me to make her a scarf. She was getting frustrated and got tired of taking it apart. I can do the knitting without to much trouble and should help in keeping me awake at work.
Have a wonderful Holiday season.

1 comment:

U2Kitteh said...

OMG, I found your blog accidently by looking for "free weiner dog knitting patterns" on Google's blog search.

I don't see a knitting pattern, but I just adore your little weinie dog ornament. That is just so cute! ;))

sorry I'm just a random visitor! I just couldn't leave without commenting. Good job!