Life

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New Year

I have all my Christmas decorations taken down and put away in the shed. I can't believe how empty things look. I still need to vacuum all the little pieces of styrofoam that fell out when I was packing things away. I will leave things like they are for a few more days and then put up my Valentine things. The top of my piano looks so bare, but thats ok. I am sure when I start getting out all the valentine items it will be full again. Now that I have a few more surfaces to decorate in my living room I need to either make or buy more things. Hmmm such a hard things to do LOL. I have about 4 projects going on at the moment for family and my house. So I will be kept busy during these winter months. I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought more yarn because it was on sale and some material to do some embroidery on. I ordered some embroidery patterns and they should be here in next couple days so that also will keep my busy.
I find that if I am busy I don't tend to snack. I always have something to drink next to me, either water or ice tea but thats ok. Even though I have had weight loss surgery you still have to watch what you eat. There are still a lot of things I can't eat because they make me sick, but thats a good thing because I probably shouldn't be eating that stuff anyway. I haven't lost anymore weight in a while now and the doctor said it is because my sleeping is off because of working the midnight shift. Its a scientific fact that our bodies are programed to sleep at night and that our metabolism is programed to work harder in the mornings. Which for me that is the time I am sleeping and I don't eat till later in the day and evening. Which is when your body slows down, which doesn't help with losing weight. Ah such a vicious circle. Oh well I am happy so far with what I have lost. Pounds and inches. 170# and 70 inches. I need to take an updated picture of myself to add to my blog but I didn't get one yet. I will do so in the next couple days. I bought myself a dress at Goodwill last sat on half off days. I like the dress, my granddaughter said it was ugly. But what does she know. I like it and I got a lot of compliments on it at church. I like how it fits. I was really surprised when I looked at the size tag. When I started out this journey of losing weight I was wearing a size 5x or 52. This dress I bought was a size 20. Which is like an XL. I almost cried. Yes the clothes I have being buying have been smaller but I haven't bought anything in a long time so I was so surprised. No wonder the clothes I have don't stay up much anymore. I need to really work hard at losing another 40lbs and then I can go and have my hernia repaired and have my excess skin on my stomach removed. I would like to have all this done before my son gets married, and that should be either this fall or next fall. I would like to look nice for him and the pictures. Ah so close yet so far. Either way I am happy and thats a GREAT THING.
I will also try and post some pics of some other decorating and crafts I have done in the near future. And yes I will also post a recent pic.

No comments: