Life

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I am EXCITED

A little break from the norm. But I am EXCITED! LOL I know maybe a lot of you this won't be exciting but I am a big NASCAR fan. I got my renewal forms today in the mail for the June and August Michigan race. I have been a racing fan for a long time but just started going to the races nearby in Michigan in the last 5yrs. Well not really nearby its still a 3hr trip. My mother and I have been going and this past August my oldest daughter and my sister went with. We leave around midnight on a Sat night so that we can be at the gate when they open at 4a for the Sunday race. If you don't get there right around that time a 3hr trip can turn into a 5hr+ trip and thats just to get into the parking lot. I think the last race they said there were 120,000 people there. Thats a lot of people in one place at one time. But I LOVE it.
Here is a view looking left from my seat. See lots of people.



This is a pic of my mom, sister Lisa, daughter Amanda and myself sitting in the stands before the race in Aug 08. I now have my daughter hooked as well on going to the race. I have always watched the races on TV and tape them if I am not going to be home and after this race my daughter watches also. We are planning on going again in June & August. But we are also planning on going to Daytona for the July 4th race. When my daughter said she wanted to go there also and asked if that would be something I would want to do, it was hard to contain my excitement. But I did a good job and said "sure that would be fun" but inside I was jumping up and down, screaming with excitement like a little kid. LOL

This is my favorite driver as he is flying by. It really is a flash of color as the cars go by and the sound is loud and boy they sure do stir up the wind. But you gotta love it. I know I do.
Well I will end this and I hope you enjoyed a little bit of my other personality LOL
Have a wonderful rest of the day and please stay safe.

No comments: