Life

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Things I have been up to lately

I haven't had a chance to put my pics on my computer from my camera till the other day. Here is a picture loaded blog of what I have been up to lately.

A friend at work needed a card holder for her granddaughters graduation so she ask me to come up with something. Here is what I came up with. It has a slot in the back to put the cards in and the bottom comes undone so that you can get the cards out. She really liked it.
I have been working on the BOM Christmas squares. I have these done so far. I still have the 6th one in my bag to do, just haven't had time to work on it. I believe there are 9 blocks. I haven't decided what material I am going to use for the borders around each one. But I have time for that.
A friend had a baby recently and I made this for her to hang in the baby's room. She really liked and took a picture of me holding it so she could put it in her baby book. I am not a fan of having my picture taken but oh well sometimes you have to bite the bullet and just smile.

I went to another NASCAR race June 14th with my mother and daughter in Michigan and we are going back again in August. The MC for this race was Kid Rock. He was the one who said "Gentlemen start your engines" and rode in the pace car at the start of the race. We sit in the front rows on start finish line. This was the view we had from our seats of him on the track before race started.
Here is another pic of him from our seats. I am not a fan of his but it was cool seeing him in person. We saw him walking around in the merchandise area but you couldn't get close because of all the people trying to get his autograph. I settled for a pic from my seat.

They had this cool skydiving team before the race started. This was the last one that came down. This is what I saw above my head from my seat. They were really cool.

Last weekend was Relay for Life here in LaPorte. I am with a team with some coworkers. The theme this year was Holidays. Our team chose St. Patricks Day. I was in charge of making the crazy hat for the contest. Here is what I came up with. It was time consuming but lots of fun to make. I glued these little 1" squares to make the rainbow. I didn't think I would ever get done. I did both sides of the rainbow. There were 3 little pots of gold filled with gold coins at the end of the rainbow. I put these 3 green mugs with four leaf clover coins on the other side. It turned out cute. We didn't win :( but it was still fun.
Here is a picture of me wearing the hat. I also had these green mug glasses as part of the costume. The pic is hard to see as it was dark and it was taken at 3a. It rained again this year, well rather it stormed. Thunderstormed! We had lightening and they made everyone go to the barns for protection. Some of the teams tents got blown down and some broke and blew away. Our team faired pretty good. We had enough coverage and was held down pretty good. All in all even though it was a very wet long night (5p-8a) we had a fun time. Can't wait to see what next year brings. Its all for a good cause.

Well I hope you enjoyed the pics of what I have been up to lately. Between work, sleep, daily duties, and of course family my time is very busy. Take care and hope you enjoy your day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang Girl! Grab a cup of tea and sit and relax!
Happy to hear You had some fun!
Love
Lucy

Leslie said...

Your hat is cute! I can just imagine how much time it took to add all of that but it was worth it!

Great job on the cross stitch, too :)

Oh, the BOM's are still haunting me! LOL I LOVE those cute little wreaths so much and look forward to seeing each new one on the 7th of every month, however, I only have two finished! LOL I did those right away and haven't really done much since. I think they're one of those projects that I enjoy so much that once the cooler weather comes and I sit down to stitch, I'll be all caught up in no time...or at least I hope :)

Have a great day!

Leslie

Neabear said...

The hat turned out great. Both of them actually. The graduation one and the St. Patty's one. I am doing the same BOM too except I am hoping to get 8 sets done. I know that is a lot of stitching. Yours looks great!