Life

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh the rain, must it keep coming?

Now don't get me wrong, rain is a good thing. But in moderation. Yes its great for the plants, grass, lakes, etc. But...come on pretty much everyday, this is getting crazy. I just hope it gets it all out of its system before Sunday. My favorite pastime is watching Nascar racing and this weekend I am going to the race in Brooklyn, MI. I really don't go many places. Between my work and trying to get some sleep there just doesn't seem to be any time to take off for any length of time to go anywhere. But I do come heck or high water go to 2 Nascar races a year. Both of them up in Michigan. Its about a 3hr drive from here. The track is about an hour south of Detroit. A girl has to get some excitement in her life and Nascar happens to be mine. My granddaughter calls me a nerd. She thinks its crazy to go. Thats ok, I will be a nerd, I don't mind. Come on rain, GO AWAY!!!!!


Speaking of my granddaughter, Morgyn, she is officially a senior in high school now that school is out for the year. I can't believe it. Seems only yesterday she was this little toddler running around hanging on to my leg. Now she is driving, working, off with her friends, going to prom, growing up. It happened in a blink of an eye. Her and my grandson, Kharson, are the love of my life.

They really do both make me so proud. I just wish I saw my grandson. I just keep praying that he remains safe and the day comes where I can see him on a regular basis. Ok don't want to get all emotional here. I pray that God will work it all out for whats best for him.

Today I have some crafts I need to get done. I am making a graduation cap card box for a lady at work and I need to make the crazy hat for Relay for Life. The theme this year is holidays and our team picked St Patty Day. Its always fun to see what people come up with. Relay is next weekend. Hard to believe its already here. And 4th of July is right around the corner. This year is going by so fast. I have been working on some embroidery and cross stitch things. I need to download them to my computer so that I can post them. I will be taking pics of the box and hat when I am done. Crafts keep me out of trouble...LOL of course thats another thing that my granddaughter just laughs and says I need to get a life. Hey this is my life. I am not complaining. I do things that make me happy and thats what counts. Morgyn and I went shoe shopping the other day. I wanted to find some summer sandals. I found a couple pair I really liked and of course she had to make a comment. "Those look like grandma shoes" I just looked at her and said "well then that works out because I am a grandma". There was this other customer in the same aisle and she just started laughing and I thought she was going to pee her pants as much as she was laughing and holding her stomach. She told me "that was a good one and I will have to remember that next time my grandkids say something to me" I just smiled.

Well I need to get going and get my day started. I have so many things on my list to accomplish for today. Take care and hope you enjoyed reading. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to stop and smell the flowers.

No comments: