Life

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Holiday Season is upon us NOW



The holidays are upon us and you see it everywhere. You hear the holiday music in the stores, you see all the decorations people have up around their homes, you see it when you are shopping and all the crowds and I see it in my own home. I have tons of decorations for Christmas but I don't put them all up anymore. Mostly because I just don't have the room anymore to do so. But its only me that lives here so I figure I will put up what means the most to me and what will bring me enjoyment. I have a little 4ft tree that I put on a table and that's just fine and especially this year because my great granddaughter is at that age where she gets into everything. So having my tree put up out of her way saves a lot of trouble for me.

I usually put my decorations up around the 1st of December, but this year I put them up on November 13th. It started out with me taking my tree over to my mothers for her to "fluff" it out for me as I just don't have that talent to make it look good. And since she puts up 3 big trees and about 4 smaller ones in her home, fluffing my little one would be a piece of cake for her. When I sat the tree on the table top one thing led to another and next thing I knew my home was decorated. I have enjoyed it very much as I didn't put up any decorations last year due to not being able to since I was still healing and going to physical therapy from when I broke my arm on Sept 1st.

My mother gave me this window shelf as she was getting tired of it. I love it, and I like the way it looks hanging on my wall (although after the holidays I am going to paint it) I had to make some new stockings for the newer members of my immediate family and I love how they look hanging from the shelf. I will be adding another one next year for my new grandson who is due in March and hopefully my daughter Amanda will get pregnant soon and then there will be 2 new grandbabies to spoil.


I love making these paper snowflakes. They are so easy and fun to make. I love how they look inside and out. Hanging the lights behind really make them pretty. Who knew taking 6 pieces of paper and making a few cuts here and there would turn out so cute. I am glad I learned how to make these. Very inexpensive but wonderful decoration. This was just a small glimpse into my home as it is decorated for the holidays. I am happy with how it turned out. I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday and a Merry Christmas. Take the time to enjoy, time to ponder, time to just sit back and relax. Don't sweat the small stuff and be nice to others.

1 comment:

Indianalori said...

I must know how you made those beautiful snowflakes! Your house looks very decorated to me...how pretty.