Life

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter Storm 2010


The midwest got a major snowstorm over the past couple of days. It just kept coming and coming down with no end in sight. Here are just a few pictures of what I had to contend with when it was all over from a 2 day period of it snowing. I think all total we had 26 inches.


LaPorte, IN even made the news on Yahoo. Boy was I surprised when I got on the internet to check my email and there in big bold letters was a story about my hometown and how much snow we got and how people were stranded.
My son and granddaughters boyfriend came and shoveled me out, or at least enough to get me out if I needed to. I didn't go anywhere over these past couple of days. I really hate driving in the snow and always have. You would think I would be used to it since I have lived in this area all my life. But alas I don't think I will ever get used to it.
You can barely see my garbage cans by my back door. But of course I couldn't really open my door anyway because the snow was blocking it. I think I will forgo taking my garbage out this week because I don't think I can get the cans out anyway.On a lighter note and a delightful one, the above picture is of my great granddaughter Randi. She loves taking a bath and is so fascinated by bubbles. She is such a happy baby and it shows. She has my heart that is for sure.

I hope everyone stays warm and safe. I hope everyone remembers all their blessings they have especially in this holiday season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got Snow? Sorry had to ask!