Life

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

I have been sick most of these past 3 day and have no energy for anything last couple of days. But I did have my great granddaughter here first part of week and that is always a blessing then I watched my grandson the other night for a few hours and that is also something I am very blessed to be able to do. Even though I have been sick I have many blessings in my life. My granddaughter was here one night and she fixed me supper so I wouldn't have to. My son took out my garbage for garbage pickup so I wouldn't have to go out to do it. My youngest daughter did up the few dishes I had in my sink for me, and my oldest daughter fixed me supper tonight. Fresh artichokes, mmmm mmmm good :)

Since I have not been able to do much since I have no energy. And even if I did do anything I would just start coughing and couldn't breath so it was better if I just took it easy. I honestly can't remember the last time I felt this bad. UGH Anyway I have been scouring the internet for bridal bouquet ideas for my niece who is getting married next April. My mother and I are going to be making the bouquets. My niece lives in southern Georgia so we have been passing ideas back and forth via Facebook. I also have been looking for some nice ideas to make her a photo album. I plan on cross stitching some sort of design for the front but haven't found the right saying just yet. I still have time so I am sure I will find what I am looking for. She really likes one of the pictures I sent her for a bouquet for her. Now just to find the flowers to make it.

I also have been looking for some new craft ideas. I found some sites that used fused plastic. I was intrigued. I started looking it up and man I am most certainly going to try this. I already have some ideas running through my head. You use your plastic bags you get at the store or any other type of plastic. I sure as heck now look at things that are plastic in a whole different light. I can't wait to start on a project next week. I will post pictures when I get going on a project. I am all about using what you already have instead of just throwing it away or putting it in the recycling bucket. I saw some cute ideas on how to refashion flip flops which I might just try. I am excited to get started.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and enjoys themselves. This summer is flying by. I can't believe school starts back up in a little over a month from now. Even the stores are gearing up for school. All the supplies are out now. Which even though I don't have anyone in school anymore I do like to go through the supply section and see what I can find. I think I have a pen fetish. I like new pens and all sorts of odd ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of these days before Summer is back to Bummer weather..hopefully, we can visit each other and I can show you the 2 purses I have that were crochet (by a women I met through blogging) using grocery bags...Very cool, and I have been saving my bags and sending them to her for use in making what she calls "plarn" bags:)
In fact Google Plarn and you will find lot's of cool stuff.
Hope your Allergies are better soon! Darn humidity!
~~HUGS~~

Decor To Adore said...

My goodness you are one busy bee in spite of being sick!