Life

Thursday, July 21, 2011

No Energy Type of Day




I had every intention of going on to my next craft on Wednesday, but I watched my grandson Noah overnight on Tuesday while his mother worked and well lets just say it was a long night. Noah is 4 months old and is normally a pretty good baby for me, but that night he was not a happy camper at all. He came all smiles and giggles for grandma but within an hour or so of him being here (he was here from 7p - 9a) he started getting upset. I changed him because he was wet and he hates being wet boy does he hate being wet...but that didn't seem to help. He wouldn't take his bottle he didn't want to be held, sat down, rocked, walked...nothing. He just cried and cried and cried. I felt so bad for him and I tried everything. I talked to his mother and she said she thinks he is teething, so I looked in his mouth and sure enough he had the tell tale little bump and red mark. I rubbed my finger over his gums and that seemed to help a little but he still cried. Of course I didn't have any teething gel but I did take a cold washcloth and let him chew on that for a little bit. He calmed down a little. My poor baby. He cried for the most part the whole time he was here. Nothing I could do but let him cry and try and comfort him as best I could. He finally fell asleep at around 3a and slept till 6a. He did wake up in a better mood though and was happy to smile at me when I picked him up. But needless to say this grandma did not get more then an hour or so of sleep. He fell asleep in the middle of my bed surrounded by pillows and although I did come out here and try and get some sleep in the recliner, I just couldn't get to good sleep because I wanted to be able to hear him just in case. I have a bed for the grandkids to sleep in but I didn't have the heart to move him when he was asleep on my bed, he was finally resting.

After he left I picked things up and had every intention of just laying down for a few minutes to rest and then get busy as I had lots of things to do. But I ended up sleeping for 2 hrs. I know not much but it did help a little. But not enough to give me any energy along with the heat outside, I just decided not to do much. I did make a couple more butterflies using more food coloring in the water. They turned out a lot darker then the first batch. So at least now I know how much to put in the water if I do something like this again.

I went to church last night to hang up the butterflies on the ceiling. I took my camera to take a couple pictures of them hanging but do you think I remembered to take a picture...NO :( Oh well they looked cute and I will take a picture Sunday when I go to church. I will post them later.

My oldest daughter and I went out to the fair last night around 8p, we wanted to wait till the sun went down in hopes it would not be as hot. There were a lot of people out there but not as many as usual. I think the heat is keeping a lot of people away. I feel so sorry for all the animals at the fair. It has to be miserable for them. I noticed a lot more big fans in the barns this year and lots and lots of water troughs around for them. We walked around for a while and looked at things, got our Arctic Ice which was yum yum. I had a combo-Pina Colada, Banana and Coconut. Boy did that cool us off. We played the mouse game, of course didn't win. Walked around some more then I got my caramel corn. I got the 3 bag special, I picked out reg kettle corn, caramel apple and cheese and bacon flavor. They are all good. This place has all sorts of flavors including dill pickle. I am not sure about that flavor and a little afraid to try it. I will probably go out one more night late to the fair then I will be good till next year.

Today I need to finish laundry, dishes and then start on the paper mache ice cream cone Pinata I am making for the church picnic the end of the month. I don't know what I was thinking, but I am a week off and was thinking I had 2 weeks to get it done. It has to be done in stages to let it dry properly so I need to get the first step done today. Years ago when my girls were little my husband and I made a Santa and a Donkey Pinata for a Christmas party. All the kids had fun taking a whack at it. I think the little ones will get a kick out of this one just the same.

I did make a fleece blanket for my niece while she was here visiting from Georgia and I did an iron on the back of tank top for my youngest daughter. So at least I am keeping with my craft theme this month. Sort of my own Christmas in July. If only I would have tried to do something at least every other day craft wise, I sure would be ahead of the game. But that's ok I am happy with what I have done so far.

Have a wonderful day and take time to do things for yourself. Try and stay cool in any way you can.

1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

What a sweet baby. Hope next time he sleeps better. The heat saps my energy here too.