Life

Monday, September 12, 2011

Crafty Day

I have had my great granddaughter Randi here since last Thursday due to her mother having to go to school and work many days in a row and it just saves on gas if she just stays here rather then them driving back and forth. Unfortunately she also has been sick. Poor baby has been running a fever of at least 101 pretty much the whole time until this morning. She is now on an antibiotic. The doctor wanted to wait till a urine culture was done. Turns out she has a UTI and the culprit is bubble baths. Which Randi loves to take. She loves to play for long times in the tub and her bubbles. Well no more bubble baths for her for a long long time that is for sure. She hasn't eaten much at all since Thursday, but I did get her some Cranberry Grape juice and that has helped a lot in helping her at least feel a little better. Today was the first day that she was herself. She actually played and just was in a good mood the whole day. But even though she was sick she really was a good baby, and was very clingy which is okay.Today I took the opportunity to make these cute elephant toys I saw on Etsy and since Randi was feeling so much better and didn't require so much of my attention. I just thought they were so cute and I had lots of fabric to choose from to make these. I made 3 of them. One for Randi, one for my grandson and one for the little boy I babysit for. He was so enthralled with the sewing machine. He just could not quite get it and ask questions the whole time I was sewing. When I first saw these elephants it was just a picture on Etsy that someone was selling. So of course no pattern or anything. I just winged it in drawing out the elephant and then taking it from there. Granted mine don't look as professional as the ones I saw, I don't mind. They are cute and the kids like them. They took a couple hours to make so that wasn't so bad. I might make a couple more for a couple baby showers I will be going to in the near future.I also was asked to make a pinata for a friend at church little girls 4th birthday. I am going to be making the letter "P" . I have a couple weeks to get it done. I need to get busy as it takes some time in-between for the drying process.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead. I know for us in Northern Indiana we are looking at some cooler weather, which is okay in my book as I love having the windows open and nice fresh air.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I am so HAPPY Miss Randi is feeling better..and the elephants are adorable....
Love Ya
Blessings

Indianalori said...

These elephants are adorable and I love that pinata! You are gifted!