Life

Friday, September 23, 2011

Catching Up

I have been missing from Blog world for a little bit. Seems like everything was happening at once around here. Which actually I should be used to that after all these years. But somehow it always surprises me when things happen. We have had sickness, car issues, due to a blown utility transformer we ended up with a fried wireless router, fried main component on my furnace, fried computer in my daughters high efficiency washer and dryer and some crafts that needed to get finished. I had to get another round of antibiotics and have to have some bloodwork repeated in a couple weeks. Randi is finally over her sickness and feeling really good. I had to have my brakes fixed on my car which turned out to be a 9hr job. My daughters boyfriend was nice enough to do the work for me so I wouldn't have to pay for labor. Turned out I had to have all 4 rotors and brakes replaced and of course nothing works like it should. They apparently were original equipment to my car and of course they did not want to come off. But at least that part of it is fixed now I just have to take care of the minor shaking in the steering. I still think its in need of a front end alignment so we will see. The utility transformer first caused a power surge which in turn fried the above mentioned things. The washer and dryer were under warranty so that won't cost her any money but my router and furnace cost me close to $200. Which had to have taken care of no matter what. I swear the old saying is so true...When it rains it pours...
I did get some crafts done that needed to be taken care of. I finished a cross stitch birth announcement for a baby shower and now all I need to do is iron it and get a frame for it this weekend. I still need to make a couple of bibs for this shower before October 8th. I have no doubt I will get them done.
I was asked a couple weeks ago to make a pinata for a 4yr old birthday party. The little girl hadn't decided what she wanted her birthday party to be so of course she didn't know what kind of pinata she wanted. I talked to her mother and suggested a "P" or "4" and that way no matter what her theme was the letter would be for her first name or the number for her age. They discussed that and decided on the letter P. She also decided to do the whole party in things that start with the letter P that the little girl likes, so for starters the pinata needed to be pink and purple. I had seen a cute round pinata on the internet that was covered in tissue paper flowers. So of course that is what I thought would be a cute idea for a girl party. I didn't think I would ever finish making the flowers it seemed to go on and on forever. Just when I thought I had enough to cover the pinata it turned out I needed more. But it's finally finished and I will be taking it them tonight for the party on Sunday. I think it really turned out cute. I have a feeling I might be seeing more pinata's in my future.

I took one day and put up all my summer decorations and got out my fall decorations. I love fall and all the warm rich colors. I have a couple projects in the works for more decorations. I will get those started once I get the things done that have a more pressing time frame.

I hope everyone is enjoying this nice weather we are having. I love the cooler weather and the thought of having some bonfires. Love it Love it Love it. Take time to enjoy nature and all its beautiful glory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to see this post! Means my friend is feeling better! I believe all of us our coming out of some "when it rains it pours days" so don't feel alone...
your now going to become the pinata lady???? from the snowman lady?? from the flower lady???
I love you~~~you crafty lady!!
~~HUGS~~
hope to connect to chat soon
Blessings

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I hope things are now on a upswing.

I just adore the pinata you created! Well done!