Life

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Will it ever end

Seems like lately things keep happening all at once. I keep wondering if it will ever end anytime soon. I have been busy babysitting Wyatt a 4yr old very good but headstrong boy and also my great granddaughter who is almost 2. They really get along very well, but at times I wonder if I have lost my mind at my age in taking on babysitting on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong I love kids very much and really enjoy being with them and doing all sorts of activities and crafts but...I am tired. I find myself falling asleep in my recliner within a half hour of them leaving and my house being quiet. I find myself many night falling asleep before 9p. This past couple weeks also have been busy for me as I have been up to the hospital visiting my cousin who long story short ended up having to have a pace maker/defibrillator put in. He is home now and doing great, but can't do much at the moment. I have been going over there helping him do some things and taking him to pick up meds, groceries etc since he can't drive at the moment. I also have been battling my own health problems but I do believe they are all taken care of for now. I had a kidney infection on top of having an upper respiratory infection. So after 2 rounds of antibiotics things are looking better, just some lingering gunk I keep coughing up. But that's a good thing.

I also needed to finish up a few gifts for a baby shower yesterday at church for the Bishop and his wife who adopted a baby boy the end of August. He is adorable. I made a cross stitch birth announcement, which I truly like but I just wasn't happy with the lightness of part of the lettering after it was all finished. I kept telling myself it was fine that it was just me being picky. But the more I looked at it the more I disliked it. So yesterday morning around 5a I woke up and could not get it out of my mind so I decided to change the color of the lettering by going over it with a darker color. I also was not happy with the ironing of the fabric. I tried and tried to get the folds out of it. I steamed it, completely wet it down then ironed it, no matter what I tried it just wouldn't go flat and look neat. I didn't want to try to much as I didn't want to mess it up. It looks fine and the couple really liked it but I am not happy with it, which is my problem not anyone else.
I also made 3 bibs from a tshirt and 2 little boys shirts. They turned out really cute. The couple are avid readers and love Harry Potter so when I found the Hogwarts tshirt I knew I had to get it and use it. I still wanted to make one more shirt with a tie but just ran out of time to get it done. I may still try and get it made this week and just give it to them at church next week.

I have some plans this next week to get some Halloween decorations to get done for my classroom at church and for my home, and to make a couple of trick or treat bags. None of which will take much time at all, its just finding the time to get it done along with the daily things I need to do. Then it will be time to make some Christmas decorations I have in mind and some gifts. I can't believe this year is coming to an end already. I am so enjoying the nice beautiful fall weather we have been having the last couple weeks because I know it won't last.Here is a picture of my great granddaughter Randi wearing Wyatt's hat. She would not wear it any other way then that no matter how many times I tried to turn it around. We just kept laughing and she seemed to like that all the more.

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and taking the time to do the things they love.

No comments: