Life

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Playing catch-up and crafting

It has been a long time since I have last posted. I honestly didn't feel like it. So many things going on and just didn't have the energy or desire. Probably a little cabin fever thrown in there also. Since I last posted it turned out that I had 3 funerals in 4 days time to go to. That is enough to drain anyones emotions and I hope I never ever have to do that again. As most know I work the midnight shift which is hard in itself but then not be able to take a night off if you need to is not a good thing. We are short handed and you have to have a certain amount of staff working on any given shift. So between things I need to do or places I need to be and trying to get some sleep before work just has not worked out so well. Getting maybe 3-4 hrs sleep in any given day does takes its toll on a person. I may sound like I am complaining, and I am, but I am also greatful to have a good job. I don't see any layoffs in the future as unfortunatly there will always be criminals and they have to be placed someplace, so...I think my job is pretty secure.

Ok enough whining. I have been keeping myself busy working on some cross stitch and embroidery. I made these two pics for my daughter for her birthday. The moon pic is cross stitched and the sun is embroidered. I couldn't find both pics in the same craft style so I did one of each. She didn't care she loves them.

I also have been making these little cross stitch Easter pillows to put in a basket and set on my shelf. I want to make a few more but will see after I put my Easter decorations up over the weekend. I have also made some cross stitch pictures.





I have some more projects on the horizon. It will keep me busy at night at work between doing my job. I am happy I am able to do these things at work.

I am hoping for more nice weather soon. I have been able to have my windows open a little this past week to let some nice fresh air in. The house already smells better. Not that it smelled bad before but there is just something about that fresh smell after being shut up all winter. Well I am off to get some things done around here before I need to get ready to go play Bunco and then go to work. Gotta get my craft bag ready to take full of things for the night. :) Everyone have a wonderful day. I wish I could figure out how to link Leslie's blog on here but if you came from her blog to mine then you know where to look for more ideas. Again I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Picket said...

Hey girl...love those sweet cross stitched pillows..they are so sweet....so sorry you have had such an emotional time with so many funerals at one time..that takes a toll on anyone's heart and soul. Thanks so much for coming bu and I hope you get some Spring weather soon and get to enjoy the fresh air and rest..Have a great week girl!

Neabear said...

I guess the link worked because I found you over at Leslie's. I realized I had visited you before, but it has been awhile. Sounds like you have had a lot going on in your life. Good luck with finishing all your projects. Actually you seem to be finishing more things than I do these days.

Leslie said...

You have finished a lot of really cute things! You have been busy!

Sorry to hear about all of the sad news lately. I hope things pick up for you!

Leslie