Life

Friday, April 8, 2011

Mixed Emotions Take Two

I am trying to stay positive in this wave of sadness that seems to have taken over my life. My last post was about my Aunt who had cancer and was in the hospital because this was the end of her journey. I was able to visit with her and she was tired but still able to laugh, talk, and visit with each and everyone that came to see her. She stated she was ready to leave this world but wasn't sure when that would be because there were still things that needed to be taken care of before she goes. I saw her again about 3 days later and she was now unresponsive to her surroundings. She looked so tired and it was hard seeing her like this. She didn't have any look of pain on her face so that was a comfort at least to those around her as she had suffered so much during this long approx 10 yr journey of cancer and all that goes along with it. She passed away Wed night with her family (minus her one son who was away getting a national award for work) by her side. She will be missed by so many people. She was a wonderful, thoughtful, loving, beautiful, talented and giving lady. She was always there for everyone no matter how she felt. Her funeral is this coming Wed morning and it will be a sad occasion to put her to rest but it will also be a comfort and joy that she no longer is suffering. R.I.P. Aunt Arlene.

The take two part of this is about 10 min after we found out about the arrangements for the funeral for my aunt, I got a text message from my son saying his Uncle Zak had just passed away. Zak had been living in a nursing home due to him having to have both his legs amputated due to diabetes. Zak was my ex brother in law and I also knew him from high school as we were in the same grade. He was a little strange but he was always nice to everyone. I had just saw him a month ago at his mothers funeral and he looked great and said he was doing great and that his diabetes was under control and he had felt pretty good these days. From what we were told he had a heart attack.

They say things like this happen in 3's. I don't even want to think about that. But someone reminded me of that and I am trying not to think about it. We all need to take each day and make the most of it. You never know when it might be your last or someone else. Tell your loved ones you Love them as often as you can because you might not get the chance again. Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!!!!

I love you :)

No comments: