Life

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

20 days out



Its been 20 days today since I had my surgery. I am feeling pretty good but still slow going at times. I am not a patient person, so I keep thinking I should be further along then I am. But then I actually stop and think a minute and go wait, it hasn't been that long since I had surgery. And actually I had 2 surgeries in one, so I am healing from 2 seperate things. Both of which have troubles of their own. I am not in any pain anymore which is a wonderful relief. I am very slow at eating. It seems to take forever, which is a good thing. I am eating pureed foods right now. I am not eating as much as I am suppose to because I just can't. A month ago I would never have imagined that eating like 1/2 c of mashed potatoes would take 45 min to finish. Or making a scrambled egg using only 1 egg and actually being full. Sometimes its hard to wrap my mind around it all. But for ever how it works, it works for me. Sure is going to save on the grocery bill that is for sure. A friend of mine called the other day and was asking me how things were going and I told her. She laughed at the amount of food I eat and how long it takes. And then said I sure would be a cheap date. I lauged at that and actually that is a true statement. Each day when I put clothes on, it fits a little differently. Things that once were tight are now loose. My stomach is still a little swollen, which I am sure takes time, but it is down from what it was. People ask me if I feel like I have lost weight and actually I don't really. I know I have because I can tell by the number on the scale, and I can tell by the way my clothes fit, but I probably won't be able to really tell until I actually go out and buy something new in a much smaller size. This will all take time, and I have to realistically give myself that time. I need to just let nature takes its course and quit trying to put things on my time schedule intead of what will come when it needs to. It will all be worth it in the end.

No comments: