Life

Monday, May 14, 2007

Surgery update


Hello everyone, since I am writing its obvious I made it through my surgery. I have to be honest if someone would have told me the intense pain I would be in, I am not sure I would have had this done. But of course I also had my gall bladder removed and so I had double the pain. And boy was there pain. But I made it through it. I have about a 10in scare running down my stomach from below my breasts almost to my belly button. I am stapled shut, I still have a drain attached to me, which will be removed next tues. One was removed this morning in the hospital. That was something having that removed. I am bruised everywhere I had an IV in or where they took blood. I know all this will heal. Its just going to take time. I knew I wouldn't be eating much but I never realized just how little that is. A sample meal was 4oz of Tea, 4oz broth and 1/2 c sugar free jello. I was lucky to eat half of what I got and that took me close to an hour.

I am glad that, that part is over. Now I can get on with the rest of my life. I need to heal, and move around. It was nice today to be home and then the ride home wore me out, and I took a nap in my own bed. Oh that felt so good. I can only lay on my back for the moment which will suck, but it will get better. I am all swollen from all the IV fluids I was given, and the gas that is still in my stomach from the anethesia. I still have trouble getting up and down from the chair, bed, that sort of thing. But time heals. I will keep things updated as they happen.

1 comment:

Deana said...

Welcome Home!
EVERYONE THAT KNOWS YOU IS CHEERING FOR YOU!
Love Ya
Deana