Life

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I am on my WAY!!!


I went to my first doctor appt after having this surgery. I am doing great. I had my staples, all 35 of them removed and my drain pulled out. I feel so much better just having those things gone. I also was weighed and I have lost 19lbs since I left the hospital on May 14th. I have lost a total of 27lbs since I started my liquid diet before my surgery. So I am happy with that. I am retaining water, which is normal for me, and I still lost weight. The more weight I lose the better it will get for me as far as retaining water. Hopefully I will be able to get off these water pills. My B/P is great, right where it should be. And hopefully in the near future I will be able to get off those meds as well. I looked at myself in the mirror yesterday after I took my shower and I was combing my hair. And I really had to take another look because my face looked so thin and long. I asked my daughter if I was seeing things and she said NO, and that she had noticed this also. SO...things are on there way to a whole new me. I don't feel like I have lost anything because I still feel so bloated, but I know I have by the way my clothes fit or rather don't fit. I kept pulling up my pants all day, and kept stepping on the back of them as I walked. Looks like my sewing machine will get a workout soon.

I wish you could see the smile on my face. I am happy. I know its not a huge jump, but for me its a major accomplishment. I am looking forward to the next step.

1 comment:

Deana said...

CONGRATS! YOUR DOING SO WONDERFUL!
FRIENDS FOREVER
Lucy