Life

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Baking and Crafting

This past week I have been working on making some of my family Valentine bags. I saw the bags on another blog, which I posted about in a few days ago. I made 4 of them. They turned out really cute. Well at least I think so. Gee hope that I don't break my arm patting myself on the back. LOL They take no time to make. I think from start to finish it was maybe 45 min. Those type of things are always good to do especially if you need something in a hurry.

































































At work we have a team for Relay for Life and today and tomorrow we are having a bake sale, one of many we will have before the Relay in June. I am not much of a baker. Never really have been so if I can make something that takes little time but looks like you took hours then I am all over it. So here is something that I have made in the past and has always been a hit. What does these two things have in common?
These, and boy are they good!
These take no time at all to make. Just use already prepared sugar cookie dough. I bought the big box at Gordons Food Supply, and you need Andes mint candy for how many cookies you are going to make. Just take each cookie and wrap around a piece of candy. Place on cookie sheet about 2 in apart. Bake at 325 for 10 min. They will look like they are not done. Thats ok, just let them sit on cookie sheet a few minutes to settle. They do make a flat cookie. But if you bake them a little longer the candy melts to much and they don't set up very well. I learned that the hard way. They really are just that easy and oh so good. I try to have some of these on hand so if I need to make some quick cookies for whatever I can make them.
I was having issues with loading the pictures today so please parden me for the way this post looks. I hope you have a wonderful day and be safe. Enjoy this nice weather for as long as it will last. I know I am.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

The bags are cute!

The cookies sound yummy. They would be very easy and good!

Have a great day!

Leslie

Debbie J said...

They did turn out cute! Nice gifts too!

Unknown said...

Adorable bags!

Those cookies sound so easy to make it should be illegal..lol..I bet they are yummy!

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you my dear friend for a job well done!
Love the lil bags and geez fill mine with cookies....PLEASE-Please!
Love Ya
Lucy

Anonymous said...

Lil Sis
Please read this blog and pass the word alonghttp://crazyladyonroad80.blogspot.com/2009/01/change-for-change.html
Love
Lucy