Life

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Past Quilt Project

I have not really been working on anything in particular this past week. Just a lot of little loose ends that I needed to get done. I must be in a crafting slump of sorts. But I did want to share the picture of the quilt I made for my granddaughter for when she came home from the hospital. I made this in 1992. Its hard to believe that my granddaughter will be 17 in April and she is a Junior this year. She even asked me the other day if I would make her prom dress. I don't feel old enough to have a grandchildren as old as I do, so that must mean that she is really not that old. Life sure goes by fast. This was just a panel of fabric that I added some batting to the back and then quilted around the squares. I didn't really know what I was doing but it turned out nice. And such nice memories for me as I look back for when we brought her home from the hospital. Her mother was but a child herself (16), and although I wish she would have waited to have children I wouldn't trade either of my grandkids for anything. They really are the love of my life.

I also wanted to post a stitchery I made for my very good friend Deana for Christmas. I hadn't had a chance to post it before. I really like the way it turned out and she loved it. It was a surprise for her.

I finally got rid of the extra twin bed I had in my son's old room today. So now I have the big task of cleaning that room from top to bottom, shampoo the carpet and finally get the sewing/craft room that I want. I sort of had things in there where I could use that room to sew in, but over time it seemed to become a catch all room. Things that didn't have a place, things that needed to be fixed, things that needed a new home seemed to find their way in there. I am embarrased to even show the picture but I figured I would and that would be an incentive to get get it done. It is going to take me awhile to finish this room because of my crazy work schedule and not having more then one day off at a time. I will do it as I find time but I WILL get it done. I think part of the reason I am in a craft slump is because I can't find everything I need and I need a nice place to create. Overall I am just happy to have a room where I can dedicate to my sewing and craft.


Enjoy the day and be safe.

1 comment:

gregandlori said...

Sue,

Thank you so much for your kind words and guidance. I have felt at a loss as someone who did not grow up with pets. I think that you must be right about how to handle his death.

Godspeed, Lori